Winter is a tough time to be driving. That is why looking into exterior car parts to upgrade your vehicle is a good idea for both safety and style. Even if we do not get several feet of snow each year, there is still ice, darker days and more precipitation to deal with when we are commuting or taking a holiday road trip. Here are some exterior car parts in Owensboro, KY you should consider for your car to experience better winter driving:
- LED lights: You may notice that, as your car ages, your headlights start to dim. That is often due to dirt and the need for new bulbs. Changing bulbs and cleaning your headlights often takes care of this problem. However, dimming also occurs because the condition of your headlights starts to diminish over time. Upgrading from your regular headlights to LED lights will produce a brighter line of sight when you drive at night or on dark stormy days. They also last longer and require less frequent bulb changes. When you are driving through fog, snow or rain, you will feel safer having them. LED lights are also available as fog lights for extra reassurance.
- Mud flaps: Trucks and SUVs can make a big mess on the road, and that transfers to your undercarriage. This can prove disastrous if you drive through an area that salts the roads. Plus, having mud and water splash constantly on the driver behind you is a little rude. Mud flaps prevent the splash-back and also deflect mud, snow, and debris away from your undercarriage. You will enjoy a cleaner car and a more polite drive, along with a reduced threat of rust.
- Blind spot mirrors: Winter driving can be difficult enough, but it’s even worse without a full line of vision. Blind spot mirrors help you see other cars better by creating a better view into your car’s blind spots. This reduces the likelihood of crashes, which is preferable when you are out in winter weather. Also, if you are driving on ice and need extra space, being able to see into your blind spots makes that more possible.
- Car covers: While not necessarily an exterior car part, a car cover can be a useful accessory. If you do not have a garage but you have a sports or collector’s car you need to store outside, a car cover will help preserve it better. There are some varieties that come on and off more easily, so if you must park outside but do not want to bother with scraping your windshield, a car cover becomes an excellent option.
- Wind deflectors: Placed around your windows, these can make for a quiet interior on windy winter days when you are out commuting. They also help with your vehicle’s aerodynamics, so you may also notice improved fuel economy. An added benefit is that they will also keep bugs out of your car in the summer.
For an excellent selection of exterior car parts in Owensboro, KY, visit Auto Vizion Auto Glass & Restyling today.