A shattered windshield is not a problem to be taken lightly. While many people think they can get by with waiting until the damage can no longer be ignored—or worse, relying on quick but shoddy do-it-yourself remedies—the truth of the matter is that a cracked windshield needs to be handled promptly and by a qualified professional. Windshield damage is hazardous to the safety of drivers and passengers alike, and shouldn’t be brushed off as a minor inconvenience.
If you’ve been in a car accident or your windshield or car windows have been damaged through vandalism, theft or other misfortune, you ought to seek auto glass replacement in Owensboro, KY right away. Here’s how you might go about finding a first-rate auto glass repair shop:
- Ask around: Your first source for information about an auto glass service provider should be friends, family, neighbors, coworkers and other people you trust. Ask the people you know if they can recommend a good auto glass replacement shop, or if they can steer you away from using a lower quality company.
- Do further research online: Starting with the recommendations of those you know is much more useful than heading to Google right off the bat. Start researching the companies recommended by friends and family, and look for more information about their services and reputation. Online review sites can be a mixed bag, but they can provide helpful information to guide you in your search.
- Trust memberships and affiliations: While the options for auto glass replacement in Owensboro, KY are considerable, they are not created equal. One quality that sets outstanding businesses apart from the pack is their membership in professional associations. Similarly, accreditation from the Better Business Bureau and licensure from a state or local regulatory agency can be solid indicators of businesses you can trust.
- Determine whether they’ll meet your needs: Some shops offer a broad range of services, while others have more narrow specialties. Before you waste your time on a shop that doesn’t handle your particular auto glass problem or that doesn’t work on vehicles similar to yours, give any shop you’re considering a call. Ask directly whether they’re able to fix your make and model, how quickly they can perform the repair and whether they can provide an estimate.
- Go with your gut: No one should feel obligated to do business with a particular service provider. If, after speaking to or meeting with a representative from an auto glass shop, you’re left with an uneasy feeling or concerns that haven’t been effectively addressed, proceed with your search. With the number of providers out there, you should never settle for one that doesn’t seem like a good fit.
With more than a decade of experience serving Owensboro and the surrounding communities, Auto Vizion Auto Glass & Restyling is proud to be a trusted and reliable source for expert auto glass replacement in Owensboro, KY. Call our team today to learn more about auto glass repair and replacement or any of the other services we provide. We look forward to helping you!