While the warmer months are great for outdoor activities, what’s not so much fun is driving to a destination in a hot car. Fortunately, there are vehicle add-ons that can help. If you want to beat the heat this summer, consider getting these simple car accessories in Owensboro, KY:
- Car cover: You can’t apply sunscreen to your vehicle to keep the seats and paint from fading, but you can use a car cover when parked. Car covers act as a barrier between the vehicle and the elements, namely to keep it clean and protect it from sun damage. The latter can also contribute to your personal wellbeing—in addition to preserving a car’s paint job, a quality car cover is capable of blocking the sun’s heat from entering the inside of the vehicle. No need to wait forever for the air conditioner to cool down the inside of your car.
- A/C cup holder: Just about every car and truck these days has built-in cup holders, a convenience that most of us use on a daily basis. Yes, they secure our beverages so we don’t need to resort to using the floor, a seat or our laps, but wouldn’t it be nice if cup holders could keep cold drinks chilly in the summer? With A/C cup holders, that’s exactly what will happen. By clipping this accessory onto an A/C vent, your drink will sit right where the cool air blows out.
- Sunglasses holder: Even with the A/C on, your face can get hot and sweaty—you may want to take off your glasses. On that note, as far as simple car accessories in Owensboro, KY go, a stylish and functional sunglasses holder takes the cake. Not just for summer, sunglasses are essential for year round eye protection from harmful UV rays, which is why it’s a good idea to always have a pair on hand in your car. Clip a sunglasses holder onto your sun visor for a place to put them out of harm’s way and for easy accessibility.
- Window sunshades: Even with tinted windows, the internal temperature of a vehicle can still get extremely hot. Tinted or not, it’s wise to invest in a set of sunshades for every window, even the back one. This will reflect most of the heat that’s trying to penetrate the glass as well as protect your skin from sustaining painful sunburns. There are affordable, super simple options available, like pull-down and retractable suction cup sunshades, as well as collapsible shades that are held in place by your sun visors.
- Dashboard cover: Your car’s dashboard is a heat magnet, especially when you leave it parked outside in the hot sun for long periods of time. To avoid encountering radiating dashboard heat and to keep your parked vehicle’s internal temperature down, use a dashboard cover on hot days—or any day to prevent dashboard cracking and fading.
Are you looking for stylish and beneficial summertime car accessories in Owensboro, KY? If so, hop in your car and come visit the team at Auto Vizion Auto Glass & Restyling today!