October is Fall Car Care Month! This is the perfect time to ensure that you take your vehicle in for any services it requires before winter weather is on the horizon. As you think ahead toward winter, though, don’t forget to also take a close look at your interior car parts in Owensboro, KY, to see if any of them need to be fixed or replaced.
While you’re concentrating on the inside of your car, be sure to focus on putting together an emergency road kit for your vehicle. It should include the following items:
- Ice scraper with brush: If you live in an area where you ever have to contend with winter weather, it’s likely you already have an ice scraper with a brush in your vehicle, but just in case, take a close look to make sure the one you have works well and isn’t broken. And of course, if you discover that you don’t have one after all, you’ll want to be sure to stock your emergency road kit with at least one of this essential item.
- Flashlight with additional batteries: If you find yourself in an emergency, a flashlight will become a very useful item. Go ahead and pack some extra batteries, too, and be sure to check the flashlight regularly to determine that it’s still working.
- Jumper cables: If you don’t already have them, now is a perfect time to acquire them. You’ll save yourself the time and headache of needing to arrange for a car repair if you run into vehicle trouble, which is valuable not only during the winter but all year around.
- Blankets: If something does happen to your car during the winter months—or at any other time—you’ll want to be sure you stay warm. To that end, pack some blankets in your emergency road kit that are especially used for this purpose.
- Drinking water and snacks: You probably don’t always get into your car with a beverage, so you want to be sure that your emergency road kit is stocked with plenty of water that is set aside solely for the purpose of serving your needs in an emergency situation. Similarly, add some nonperishable food items for both people and any pets who might accompany you in your vehicle.
- First aid kit: If you don’t already keep a first aid kit in your car, now is a good time to start. Make sure it includes standard first aid supplies, just as you would include for your home or office.
Other items you might wish to have in your car include:
- Warm clothes (scarves, gloves and hats)
- Flares or triangles to use as warning implements
- Toolkit (with basic items included, such as a wrench, pliers and screwdrivers)
- Paper towels or spare cloths
- Bag of cat litter, sand or salt, as well as traction mats
- Snow shovel
- Window washer cleaner
If this increased attention to your vehicle has uncovered some repairs that should be made or you want to update your car’s seating or other interior car parts in Owensboro, KY, visit or contact Auto Vizion Auto Glass & Restyling. We pride ourselves on expert, high-quality service, whether you require vehicle repairs or are looking for some unique options to customize your car.