Winter is cold—there’s no doubt about that. And aside from your home, your car is the last place you want to be cold and feel uncomfortable in. To help you combat the lower wintertime temperatures, let’s take a look at how to stay warm this winter with help from accessories and interior car parts in Owensboro, KY:
- Seat warmers: In the past, seat warmers were only available in luxury vehicles with leather seating, and they were often installed upon request instead of coming standard. Today, many vehicle makes and models have seat heaters as a part of the purchase package, or you can get aftermarket ones installed later on. If you live in an area that experiences extreme cold weather every winter, then you can definitely benefit from seat warmers in your car, truck or van.
- Warm vehicle seat covers: For many folks, wintertime is cold, which can make traveling by car a bit chilly on the rear. Regardless of whether you have seat heaters or simply wait for the car heater to warm up, using seat covers can mean the difference between shivering for a couple minutes versus your entire trip. This winter, consider investing in vehicle seat covers made of warm materials like sheepskin or a faux wool—especially for vehicles with leather seating.
- Heavy-duty floor mats: Those cloth floor mats might blend in with your vehicle’s flooring better, but when the wet weather comes around, they get all dirty and ragged. For wintertime and year-round use, pick up a set of heavy duty rubber or vinyl floor mats that are strong enough to protect your floor against dirt, grime and wear. And since mats keep the floor dry, your feet will stay warm in the process. Get solid material mats that are big enough to catch tracked-in mud or snow, but also make sure they are proper size for your particular vehicle.
- Cup holders: One of the easiest ways to keep warm when temperatures drop is to sip on a hot beverage. But drinking hot drinks in a moving vehicle is not always the safest thing to do, unless you have cup holders that can hold cups in a nice and snug fashion. Upgrade your car’s interior with add-on cup holders or have permanent cup holders installed at an automotive accessory shop.
- Remote vehicle starter: A car that is warmed up and ready to go when you are would be a dream come true. Luckily for you, when you install a remote starter, your dream can become a reality. This device comes in handy on cold winter days, as you can start warming up your vehicle while finishing your morning coffee inside the house. The interior will be warmed up, and it makes for an easier time scraping ice from the windshield.
While these are just a few ideas, there are many vehicle add-ons to choose from to help you stay warm this winter. For quality car accessories and interior car parts in Owensboro, KY, look no further than Auto Vizion Auto Glass & Restyling. Visit our shop today!